Monday, September 18, 2017

Reflection Research Activity


“Be patient yourself. Self- growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.”

    Our first research activity in Brgy. Serna was intimidating at first yet there is a feeling of excitement. The questioner even bothers me to think that it was very cliché to the participants but still I considered as a basic foundation of getting to know the community of the said barangay. The 1st purok made me worried about their living status when we dropped and started looking for a participant to interview because the ambiance and houses look like for indigent people, getting to know my first interviewee I was amazed because “ate” is very hospitable and accommodating. As I figure their life, they are happy and satisfied. At her young age as a parent, I find out that there is a lot of a thing that they need to have. Like marriage because ate and her husband are not yet married though they already have one child.

    With my second interview with another participant, I wonder that “ate” and I are at the same age. She already had two children and also not yet married to her living partner. As I walked through the road a daydream of living in Brgy Serna took me into another place, it is a good place for me, I think. The place is very silent and peaceful and even it is a very small barangay.


    Whatever the life of the two “ate” I’d interviewed it is their free will to live happily ever after. They have freedom and choices to become a steward and a parent for their children. Destiny is not mattered of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. Let us believe in ourselves! Have faith in God and in our abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in our own powers, we cannot be successful or happy.  I wanted to change the world. But I have found out that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself. And lastly, I conclude that life can only be glorious if you learn to live in total harmony with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment