Monday, September 18, 2017

Mother Teresa of Calcutta


Reflection
Mother Teresa of Calcutta

          Mother Teresa is an image of peace, love, and inspiration. What she really wanted in her life is to help the poor and feed those in hunger. I hope that I can be like her, she recalls me my ambition in life which is to be simple and humble. She taught that life doesn’t need strategies it is the LORD who will guide you and brings you into His desire. Self-emptying (Kenosis) is a service of an eternal life, let the sick and deceased be cured and feed the hunger, give light and shelter to those who are homeless and be satisfied with what you have. Many are called but only a few are chosen. I will remember that prayer is the most powerful tool we have in our life, prayers can move mountains.

    The freedom of Mother Teresa is not a personal freedom but an authentic self-determination of doing what is good and need for others. I wanted to cry when she witnessed the death of the little girl and when the priest asked himself to be in the position of Mother Teresa during the life-saving operation. A miracle is not impossible.

    I wanted to become a priest but maybe I am destined to help those sick. Like “Anna” though she believed that her life is to follow and stay with the congregation, Mother Teresa told her that even though that she’s in London her soul remains in Calcutta.

    To quote Mother Teresa “Life is life let us defend it always and with a smile, helping the weakest, the poorest, the sick the old. Defend our children from the culture of indifference and death. Defend life upon right conception till death and if someone is not able or capable to do it and trust it to me“.

    I will remember Mother Teresa of Calcutta because the year she died was the year I was born and I this opportunity of knowing her is getting to know who I should be. There is darkness in every person but if you pray and think of goodness you will feel happy and do it.

    Mother Teresa showed conscience, freedom, and dignity of a truthful Christian with a moral virtue. She is an extraordinary nun and a nurse of every race. I will and I will do what she wanted to have in this world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment